The early 1960s may have been the decade when motorcycling officially became the world’s coolest mode of transport – thanks to the smouldering likes of Steve McQueen and James Dean – but it was also the era when deaths on the road peaked, with over 1,500 bikers a year killed between 1959 and 1962.
Harley Davidson has had some huge ups and some pretty big lows as well. Today we take a look at this iconic brand of motorcycles (more culture than vehicles, really) and how it has fared over the years. Sit back, strap yourselves in, and don’t forget to wear your helmet.
Ever wonder what statement your motorcycle makes about you? You probably have, and in all honesty, you may be drastically overestimating the statement. Here’s a look at what your motorcycle is actually signaling to those around you.
Helmet laws in the United States began to take shape in 1967, when there was a push to increase motorcycle helmet use. Since then, helmet laws have extended to low-power cycles and bicycles, too.
There are millions of miles of roads in the United States that you can travel — but not all are motorcycle roads. If you’re looking for the perfect motorcycle ride or trip, here’s a guide to some of the best.
Did you know that per vehicle mile driven, motorcyclists are 37 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a traffic crash? While the number is alarming, it doesn’t mean all hope is last. If you take the proper safety precautions you can minimize your liability and still enjoy your ride.
Peter Lenz was burning up the racetracks and racking up the medals until his career was abruptly cut short a few weeks ago with a fatal crash. Let’s celebrate the many achievements of the young star.
The American Motorcycle Association estimated after a 1947 riot incident at Hollister, California, that 99% of motorcyclists were law abiding — the other 1% were outlaws deserving scrutiny from the FBI and the government.
The envy of almost every thrill junky, Evel Knevel has been one of the greatest achievers of jumps of all kind! With his iconic American jump suit, there was no telling you what he would do next! He has left a great legacy for enthusiasts to reach for and we will truly honor him with […]
You want to ride your bike, and you want to ride it fast, and that’s completely understandable. But before you jump on that crotch rocket and go for a thrill ride, take a look at this infographic of motorcycle injuries and make sure that you are well protected and have motorcycle insurance.